DEALING WITH DEPRESSION
Written and created by K. Samuel Brannon
Episode 3 Pastoring Through A Pandemic
So many people are struggling to maintain their mental fortitude in this pandemic. Many have lost their employment, some have lost loved ones and relatives and others are just not doing well with being locked down and feel alone. So the burden of these things along with emotionally wrestling with where is God and why did He allow this to happen has honestly caused some to almost lose hope. In this episode, Pastor provides some basic content to this context and offers a few ways to deal with depression.
1. Practical Passage: Mark 4: 38-40, Psalms 3:3-5
2. A Practical Point: It’s ok to take some time out for yourself. Rest. Even the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords rested. God rested on the seventh day.
3. Practical Sound Advice: Rethink your highs and lows in a 24 hour day and do your high priority task when you’re at your best.
4. Prayer of Purpose: To help us focus in the area of rest.
5. Memory Passage: Psalms 27 & 37.